Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

One little word...Travel

I've been picking a word for the last few years that describes my goals for each new turn of the calendar page. Ali Edwards is the one who first inspired me to do this. She has such a great blog with ideas on how to stay creative and use the simple things around you to get inspired.

In 2009 my word was Vitality, In 2010 my word was Photograph...which I did every day for 365 days! I read a lot of tutorials and challenges about photography and I do think that I made some improvements.
This year I want to make a very big dent in the stacks, boxes and piles of paper, photos, memorabilia, postcards, baby books, and saved memories that I have "hoarded" in this house of ours. Will graduates from High School in June, so I'd like to make him a book or two of his childhood experiences. I want my word to reflect the tasks I would like to accomplish, but I want the word to be more fun than the initial word that popped into my head... organize

From organize, I came up with arrange, systematize, blueprint, etc...but they all seemed a little too mundane! Then I came across Clarify...

Clarify was good, but still not the right word...that led me to tidy, tailor, filter, get act together, sort...still not right

Then I came across Travel...ahhh this sounds like I could be getting closer to the word that describes what I would like to do in 2011. Now this is not the traditional travel, like getting on a jet plane and circling the globe, oh no...this is the travel down memory lane, roaming through boxes of old photos, taking a trek through a "vintage" stack of photos with negatives, taking a journey back in time when my 18 year old William and 16 year old Jackson were just tiny little things with feet that smelled good! I think that is my word for 2011, TRAVEL!



Now I still will have to sort, organize, filter, clean, purge, and basically get my act together around here, but doesn't the word travel make it sound like it will be much more fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment