Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Volunteering for the Buffalo Triathlon

Over the past year I have spent a ton of time helping with the website and graphics, promotions, jersey and t-shirt designs for the Buffalo Triathlon. Last year the board of the tri donated a big chunk of money to the boys swim team to keep them in the water, so I thought that I could donate my time and talents as a way to help pay them back. When I agreed to the job, I had no idea what I was getting myself into! Google is now my best friend when it comes to trying to figure out how to update the website in DreamWeaver, or how to turn a raster image into vector art! This experience has been stressful (when I thought I deleted the entire website from the host comapny), worrisome (when I was trying to figure out how to make a photo wrap for a 15 foot long trailer), madening (when the t-shirt guy called 2 weeks before the triathlon and said the artwork that we used for the shirts last year wasn't going to work for the new printer!). But I have to say that it was also exciting and educational. I have learned a ton this year and guess what? I signed up to do it again for next year! Check us out at: http://www.tribuff.com/

Here is the artwork for the race jersey, tank and shorts. I spent a ton of time in illustrator learning how to use the tools and getting the artwork done for approval by Doctor Oden. It was pretty exciting to see the actual garments on racers during the triathalon last Sunday...they looked pretty good!


Here are the t-shirt designs that had to be completely reworked at the 11th hour. I learned how to use the live trace function in illustrator to convert the raster art to vector art! Racers and Volunteers loved the shirt design.

No comments:

Post a Comment