Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Junk Bonanza 9.17.09

Today I went to the Junk Bonanza. This all started back in the 90's and was called the Junk Market where 2 gals from Long Lake reused and repurposed old farm fixtures, furniture, wire fencing, you name it, they did it! They even wrote some great books on how to do all this at home! This year the Junk Bonanza was held at the horse track at Canterbury Park just south of the twin cities. I met my friends Therese, Laurie, Donna, My Mom, Sister Sal and her friend Char! We had a grand old time. Got inspired by all that old junk and plan to go home and dig through the junk I already have at home!

I loved these graphic prints of places in the twin cities!
Here is a very cool old wagon wheel that Laurie had her eye on!
Grandy found the perfect book...Youth at Seventy!
Sal found her initals... SF

Here is the Junk Crew... Mary, Donna, Laurie, Dawn, Char, Sal and Therese!  
We saw a lot of license plates cut up to make words like "Cabin" or Gone Fishing!

Loved these old fire hoses.

Remember the Gunne Sax Dresses? Circa 1978...I think this is the exact dress that I wore to Mistletoe!
Loved this Sold sign, we saw a lot of things marked sold bought by the "early birds"

This display was especially charming with the old lockers in the background and the vintage photos clipped on to the galvanized steel buckets. It is really amazing how they can make all this old stuff look so elegant!
Here are a few more ideas using the old license plate numbers and letters! So cool!
A cute young mom was picking out the letters for a plaque for her young son's room! I have a Jackson too!

No comments:

Post a Comment