Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

A visit to Aunt Helen and Uncle Walter's






Richard and I took a little drive down to Aunt Helen and Uncle Walter's in New Prague. The visit brought back so many fond memories of the weeks I'd spend with them in the summer. Most vivid of memories is going out to the garden and picking the fresh peas off the vines, shelling them and eating the green little morsels right then and there. I've always loved peas! I also remember going in to the chicken coop to get some fresh eggs... This is the place that my grandmother Marie grew up...so much history here. The grape vine is thought to be about 100 years old! The place is looking a little sad these days. Uncle Walter has been gone for years and Aunt Helen is now 93. I hope to get down there more often to help spiff the place up!

No comments:

Post a Comment